Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Found Love

My new found love, besides a stress free life of travel abroad, Coopers Pale Ale, cheese curds, sex and chorizo are macadamian nuts. I sampled some at the Byron Bay market and decided to buy a small bag to snack on as we roamed the grounds. After about 30 minutes, 10 handfuls and an empty bag of nuts, I figured it would be in my best interest to buy the larger sized bag. I bought a kilogram of roasted salted macadamian nuts for $10. It was the best purchase I made thus far on our trip. For those who don't know I am what you'd call a "selective eater." I have broadened my horizon ten fold in the past two years (thank you Kate Levenstien) but still lack the desire to indulge many popular foods. I have always just stuck to peanuts since I knew I liked them. Well 25 1/2 years later I am kicking my own ass for not trying these things. I know they are the one of the most expensive nuts on the market, but everything can be quantified in moderation. Now every time we go to the supermarket I head straight to the nut dispensary and sample the macadamian nuts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment